Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bad experience at PartsGeek.com

 Here is an accounting of my experience placing an order with PartsGeek.com

Absolutely zero customer service. I ordered an AC compressor for a 2000 VW Passat. I later learned this model year had two different types since VW switched suppliers midway through production. The two compressors are completely different. Their online ordering system asked for the make, model, year, and engine but not what date the car was manufactured or what the VIN number was. I received the wrong air compressor and attempted to open an RMA request on their website. At this time I also found that they refuse to pay for return shipping even if they mess up the order. This should be a HUGE red flag here people! No reputable company would penalize you for their own mistake. After 3 weeks I didn't get a response so I tried calling. After being on hold for 15 minutes waiting for a support rep, a recording said all customer service was handled online and it hung up on me.

I contacted my credit card company and they also attempted to contact the merchant. Since the merchant was completely unresponsive and at fault they issued me a charge back, so even though it was an incredibly frustrating experience, at least I didn't lose my money.

Lesson learned.

Update: I finally received an RMA from Parts Geek on 11/6/2012. That's nearly THREE MONTHS after sending my original RMA request. Too little... much too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment